6-University Human Assets Promotion Program for Innovative Education and Research (6U-HAPPIER)
In the context of Competition and Cooperation among universities
- Human assets promotion and mobility, as regards:
- Cooperation with Industry etc.
- Knowledge Sharing among all Members
- Promoting Mutual Support for Joint Growth among all Members
Faculty Exchange Faculty Exchange among Nagoya
University, Osaka University and Tokyo Tech started in 2005. The
opportunity for exchange has now been extended to every member
institution of 6U-HAPPIER, as set forth in the 6-U Agreement ratified
on 19 May 2017 by the Engineering Deans of each school.
Details are explained in Japanese
ACE (Academic Career Enhancement) Initiatives
6U-HAPPIER conducts Academic Career Enhancement Initiatives for
education, research and management. Faculty Development programs in
the member universities are shared among 6U faculty members.
ACE Innitiatives on education and research include stand-alone
workshops (like the ones by Prof. Roderick Smith) and sessions in
international workshops/forums (like UKJ-EEL and Taiwan-Japan
ACE Management initiatives are experimentally conducted at Hokkaido University and Osaka University with Tokyo Tech Designated Professor Y. Kagohashi as a leader.
- School of Engineering, Hokkaido U.
- Seven sessions were held in AY2017 and 10 people attended. Themes include laboratory management, implementation of university technology in the real world.
- School of Engineering Science, Osaka U.
- Six sessions were held in AY207 and 7 people attended. Themes focus on industry-academia collaborations.
To contact us, e-mail to